COVID-19 restrictions loosened across Victoria last night, as part of a new “COVIDSafe Summer” announced by the Government.
These restrictions are set to be in place throughout the summer, and include relaxations on masks, decreased social distancing, and greater travel.
Masks are only required: on public transport, in rideshare vehicles and taxis, in some retail settings including indoor shopping centres, supermarkets, department stores and indoor markets.
What does it mean for Hair and Beauty?
- Clients and staff are no longer required to wear a mask in the salon.
- HOWEVER, HSA encourages staff to wear a mask if they wish to, and Premier Daniel Andrews said on Sunday that: “we would anticipate that staff continue to wear those face masks, that makes common sense.”
- You can have 1 person per 2 square metres in your salon, provided you’re using electronic record-keeping. HSA recommends using the free Victorian Government QR Code service at: coronavirus.vic.gov.au/qrcode
- If you’re using pen and paper to keep track of clients, you must allocate 1 person per 4 square metres. You must record a client’s first name, phone number, and the date and time they were in your salon.
- HSA recommends staff remain vigilant with cleaning and disinfecting workstations and tools between clients, sanitising regularly, washing towels, capes etc. in hot water, and using disposable products where available.
Even though there haven’t been any cases in Victoria for some time, we’ve seen how quickly COVID-19 can spread in the community. If your employer is saying you cannot wear a mask, even though you would like to, or isn’t giving you the products or time to clean your workstation, get in touch with us straight away. Send us a message via our website today.